We are pleased to continue our partnership with Schoolpool to assist families that are interested in carpooling, walking, biking or riding the RTD bus to and from school with other families. Schoolpool is sponsored by Way to Go (formerly RideArrangers), a program of the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG).
The program works as follows:
- In mid May, we will send our roster to Way to Go to be imported into their secure mapping software program. It will include parent and student names, grades, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. Essentially, this is the same information provided in our student directory.
- In early August, Way to Go will email families their personalized list and map identifying families sharing the same route to/from school (families without an email address will receive a hard copy of their list). Parent names, student names, grades, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses will be shared.
- After the lists are generated, families will be able to login to Way to Go’s secure website to view and contact matches, add comments indicating special requests or preferences (i.e., “can provide morning rides”, “student is in afterschool activities,” “currently carpooling,” etc.), and find matches for other addresses (i.e., second household, grandparents, etc.).
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book or safe sender list to ensure your list and login information is delivered to your inbox.
- Your information will only be shared with DSST: Byers families; Way to Go will not sell it to other businesses, agencies or third parties. Likewise, we ask families to treat the information with privacy.
- There is no obligation to participate. The information is a great resource to meet nearby DSST: Byers families for other reasons such as temporary transportation needs, play dates, baby sitters, summer BBQs, etc.
- If you are interested in participating, you will need to take the initiative to contact the families on your list to make your arrangements.
- DSST: Byers and Way to Go assume no responsibility, but provide information for your use. Way to Go does not run background checks, confirm valid drivers’ licenses or assess insurance coverage on participants. Potential users are advised to screen participants to their personal satisfaction and check their own insurance coverage for carpooling to assure they are covered under these voluntary arrangements. No drivers, vehicles or insurance are provided. Questions can be directed to Way to Go at 303-458-7665 or email@example.com.
ARE YOU NEW TO DSST: BYERS AND MISSED THE INITIAL NOTIFICATION? YOU CAN STILL ACCESS THE INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER FALCON FAMILIES LIVING AROUND YOU BY COMPLETING THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
- You may view your matches online, however you won’t be able to see your matches’ home address and student name(s). You will be able view their matches on a map, though, in relation to your home. If the family wants to receive our traditional “match list” where your matches’ addresses and student names are provided, you will need to contact us to have one generated. If you want a traditional “match list,” contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your passcode and we can add them.
- For the DSST: Byers Passcode, please email email@example.com.
- Click on Schoolpool
- Select DSST Byers
- Follow the registration instructions
Questions? Contact Way To Go directly: