STP | Leadership Meeting Minutes 3-18-21
STP Agenda – 3-18-21 | 7:00 – 8:15 AM | via Zoom
In attendance: Dana K, Heather H, Linda S, Magda R, Richard R
The meeting commenced at 7:03 AM.
Welcome and Introductions
- All STP meetings will occur on the 3rd Thursday of every month from 7:00 am- 8:15 am.
- All parents are welcome to attend.
- Please introduce yourselves via the chat feature (name, your children’s grade, or graduation class year)
STP Committee Support Updates [7:10 – 8:00]
- Family Connections @ Byers (distinct family activity vs. STP Admin Meetings)
- 3-17-21 Family Connections @ Byers — Supporting Our Students’ Well-Being event went well and will be posted to the STP website within a couple of days
- The next event currently being planned for is 4/28 @ 7-8:30 PM, via Zoom
- Recommend Parent, School, and Volunteer Support leads to get involved in helping drive this marquee event moving forward
- Fundraising (GT@B) efforts [Dana, or Richard]:
- Status Update (raised so far, Byers $40,350, plus Network has received additional donations designated to Byers for a total of $77,422 to date)
- Next comms push: Spring campaign (during April)
- Dana King and Emily Solomon will be co-chairing the fundraising committee moving forward.
- Long-term plan (DSST Network Collaboration), still in the process
- Corporate and Business Community Sponsorship:
- First meeting slated for today at 9 AM (via Zoom)
- Strategy development (need volunteers to help craft):
- Byers Community Small Businesses (parent & surrounding community)
- Byers Corporate Business Support (parent & Byers supporters)
- Sports Events and Promotional Packages as well as the:
- School Support
- Staff Support (update from Linda), One more event towards the end of the year
- Parent Support
- Restaurant Nights (update from Heather (Byers Middle School! Pizzeria Locale): https://stp.atbyers.com/byers-middle-school-pizzeria-locale-dough-from-scratch-class-on-3-25/
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Any other updates?
- Prepare for New STP Leadership Recruitment for next Year
- Reach out to current leadership to see if they’re continuing in their role next year, then recruit for the gaps
Open Discussion – 7:18-7:30 AM
- It was suggested to move the STP leadership meeting time back to either 8 AM, 8:15 AM, 8:30 AM or keep the same?
Close Meeting – 7:35 AM