Family Connections@Byers is a core part of our Science and Technology Parents (STP). We provide community engagement and programming opportunities to promote an inclusive family community at DSST: Byers.
Through this newer STP initiative, we are providing a space for families to connect with one another, and for new families to also ask questions: Where do I order uniforms? What do you need to know if your kid is in 6th grade or is 16? Is homework a struggle in your home, too? How do kids make friends here? Who do I go to if my kid is struggling? What is the tryout process for athletic teams? How do I help my kid transition to middle school (or high school)?
Our signature events are our speaker series, which are held on the third Thursday of the month (5:30 doors open/program is 6-7:30 pm). We are finalizing our speakers for the 2022-23 school year and always welcome your input.
Save the dates for Family Connections in 2022-23
- October 20, 2022 – Parent Panel: Parenting Challenges & Solutions; Register here
- November 3, 2002 – Byers Bash 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at the Irish Rover on South Broadway; Register here
- January 19, 2023 – Dr. Daniel Hettleman: Teenage Brain
- February 16, 2023 – Henry Whipple, DSST Manager of College Success, Pathways to College: 6th –12th grades
- March 16, 2023 – Resilient Futures: Helping Kids Thrive Again after a Difficult Season
- April 20, 2023 – Speaker/topic tbd