About Groups @ Byers
Groups at Byers
Groups at Byers allow you to communicate in place until we’re able to convene as a broader community. The concept of Groups is STP’s response to feedback we’ve received from the Byers parent community about not finding space on their terms (culturally and otherwise) to connect with other parents. Groups at Byers mirror the affinity groups you’ll already find in middle and high school – but these Groups are for parents.
Anyone (even you!) can propose a Group. To establish and onboard a Group, STP evaluates the following.
- Does the Group align with the DSST: Byers brand and community standards?
- Does the Group address a topic or need in a way that benefits the community?
- Is a moderator available and committed to the Group?
- All behavior on this platform shall align with the DSST: Byers brand and core values.
- As an independent organization that supports DSST: Byers, STP has the right to establish and enforce DSST: Byers core values and code of conduct.
- A moderator will monitor each Group.
- When a parent intently or routinely violates these community norms, the moderator will document and may recommend removal from the Group only (not from use of this website).